Bloomsbury Nursery School is a Local Authority Maintained Nursery School offering up to 192 part-time places of 15 hours per week. We follow Birmingham Local Authority’s guidelines for admission to Nursery Schools.
3 year olds are entitled to a free part time place of 15 hours for every child from the beginning of the term after their third birthday.
15 hours of Early Education for 2 year olds is available to children whose families meet certain criteria (set out below).
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare (according to the criteria below).
We also offer fee paying places to ‘Top Up’ free nursery provision.
Our 3-4 year old places are offered:
- Monday 8.50am – 2:50 pm, Tuesday 8.50am – 2:50 pm and Wednesday 8.50am-11.50am
- Wednesday 12.30pm-3:30pm, Thursday 8.50am – 2:50pm and Friday 8.50am – 2:50pm
- 8:50am - 11:50am Monday/Friday ( Limited availability)
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare
- 8.50am-2:50pm each day
Our 2-3 year old places are offered:
- 8.50am-11.50am each day
- 12.30pm-3:30pm each day
30 HOUR FREE CHILDCARE CRITERIA 3-4 YEAR OLDS
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds may be entitled to 30 hours of free childcare.
The 30 hours free childcare is only for 38 weeks of the year, not 48 weeks.
This is equivalent to school term times.
The eligibility for the 30 hour free childcare is:
- Your child will have their 3rd birthday before the end of the term prior to admission
- Both parents must be working – or if you are a single parent, then you must be working.
- Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage.
- Parents must have an annual income of less than £100,000.
- You live in England.
If one parent of the couple isn’t working, or both parents are not working then the family will still be eligible for their free 15 hours. However, if one parent isn’t working because they are an official carer (e.g. receiving benefits relating to being a carer) or they are receiving disability benefits and the other parent is working, the government has stated it “intends to make provision“ to support these families.
You will also be eligible if you are self-employed, or on a zero hour contract, as long as you earn at least the equivalent of 16 hours at the National Minimum Wage.
If you think you may be entitled to the free 30 hours then please complete the 30 hours application form and returnthe eligibilty code to Bloomsbury Nursery School as soon as possible, so that we can reserve your free 30 hour place.
2 YEAR OLD 15 HOURS OF EARLY EDUCATION CRITERIA
15 hours of Early Education for 2 year olds is available to children whose families meet one of the following thresholds:
- Universal credit
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (If you are unable to work due to illness or a disability)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of the State Pension Credit; or Child Tax Credit, provided they have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
- Working Tax Credits (including those in receipt during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work fewer than 16 hours per week) with a household income of less than £16,190 as assessed by HMRC.
- The child has a current statement of special educational needs or an Education, health and Care plan.
- The child is in receipt of the Disability Living Allowance.
- The child is looked after by their local authority (LAC)
- The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
FEE PAYING PLACES
Fee paying places are available for families who may wish to 'Top Up' part time places to Full Time. There is a cost of £6 per hour, or £90 for 15 hours.
If you would like to apply for a place at Bloomsbury Nursery School, please complete an application form and return it to the school office. This can be emailed to email@example.com.